Sunday, January 2, 2011

Foods from Singapore (Part II)

Alright, if you guys didn't know, procrastination is my best side kick. LOL! I would really want to kick that off as one of my new year's resolution.

Anyhow, I have kinda stopped having resolutions as I realized I have never stick with it. haha!

Alright, here is another batch of photos that I took while I was in Singapore.

All these photos are taken in Bugis Street. I saw this and it grabbed my attention. Dragon Ball milk tea. haha! So, I bought it and it's the best out of the 3 different milk tea I have tried. This is very close to those I have tried in Taiwan.  Their bubble has different colors!


Fried banana and fried something else. I wonder what kind of batter did they use? Can I just use normal pancake batter? LOL!


Ah! I remember I ate this too my last time to Singapore (4-5 years ago) Can you see how empty the noodle is? As I have asked them not to include many things for me because I don't know what those are. haha! I am not a risk taker when comes to food. I am such a coward. haha!


Fish ball noodles.


Porridge/ congee.

I wonder what this is. I guess this is also what I had for my porridge in Swissotel The Stamford. I was told this is deep fried flour as the whole thing is made of flour.


This red pepper is really spicy! It's to be eaten with fish ball noodle.


I don't know what this is and I didn't get to try it. haha! But I call it as deep fried sesame ball because I can see it's deep fried and coated with sesame seeds. hehe!


Deep fried banana. This is really good~! LOL!


Deep fried sweet potato? Or something else.. Because it has s sticky texture to it. So, I am not sure what that is.



Rojak. I wrote this down on a paper in case I forgot. haha! It has a few different things such as cucumber, pineapple and etc.. and they mixed it all with the sauce and eat it. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. I am not too crazy with this. hehe!


Fried carrot cake Oyster omelette (someone corrected me on this ^_^). Wonder why is it call carrot cake because I don't see any carrot (now that has solved the mystery). haha! This is good too but as always, fried stuffs are oily. So, a little goes a long way. hehe!


My aunt likes their fishball a lot; hence she ordered another bowl of it. The fishball is huge! haha! It's really nice.


This is a dessert, which is called chinese dumplings where the white color ball is made of glutinous flour. The small balls are so cute. I love this!



Alright! That's all I have. Hope you guys have enjoyed. I am not sure are there any Singaporean who are reading my blog; otherwise you guys can relate to it. haha!

Oh by the way, I don't really like Bugis Street because of the crowd. I can hardly walk but I was told that the place is very famous for tourist to buy cheaper things. So, I can see why. hehe!

Thank you for reading my blog today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, the picture you have here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tpstmjPt4ys/TR_15A1Br9I/AAAAAAAAAPY/WLgLI_8EtK0/s1600/Picture+1488.jpg, it isn't fried carrot cake but actually oyster omelette/orh jian. They usually come from the same stall in Singapore so I guess you had the names mixed up? The actual fried carrot cake looks like the one in this post: http://ieatishootipost.sg/2006/11/seng-kee-carrot-cake-new-twist-on-old.html. Just to let you know :D Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ ahh! so i got it mistaken?! i thought i saw it's written fried carrot cake. haha! thanks for the correction. ^_^ cheers!

    ReplyDelete