Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hello Kitty X Pikachu collab bento

I totally forgot to update it here. haha!

This month's bento, I came up with a collab idea. I wanted to make hello kitty but there are some subscribers (hmm.. I guess only 2? As far as I can remember. haha) have asked if I could do some pokemon's bento.

A subscriber has asked that since last year and I finally found my courage to make it this month. haha!

I combined both characters, who have nothing to do with each other into one. LOL!

The idea was Hello Kitty was wearing a pikachu's hat or mascot. hehe!

Then, when a Taiwan's subscriber saw that, she said "oh! Such a great idea! Now Hello Kitty can cosplay. hahha! Cosplay has never crossed my mind at all. hehe!

Without any further delay, here is the pictures and video tutorial.

This month's okazu are:

Stir fry dehydrated daikon with shiitake mushroom. A very simple dish with mushroom liquid, soy sauce, salt and pepper as seasoning. Very flavourful indeed! I love mushroom!


This is curry sweet potato. Instead of making daigakuimo, I used curry powder and a spritz of lemon juice instead. The hint of lemon juice really complements the sweet taste of the sweet potato plus a dash taste curry powder. These combinations, even though it might seem weird yet it's able to bring out a unique taste to it. Please try it in order to understand what I said. haha!


Marmite chicken is actually a chinese dish. Last month's video, I tried on korean dish and this month, I tried on chinese. haha! Marmite has a really distinctive flavor that not everyone is able to accept; however it's somehow getting popular (sort of). Anyway, marmite is really famous and it's no stranger to people who live in Southeast Asia. I think it's famous in Australia too right? However, my sister told me that in Australia, it's known as vegemite instead? I do like the taste though. hehe! I hope that for those who are familiar with marmite or vegemite, please try this dish.


Actually, I really didn't have confident in Hello Kitty's Pikachu mascot. Hence, I made this simple pikachu on a hard boiled egg. haha! This hard boiled egg is also the point for okazu's decoration. hehe!


Last but not least, here is the finished look for both Hello Kitty and Pikachu. I forgot to buy crab sticks filament and luckily I had red apples at home that time. So, I improvised and used apple's skin as Kitty's bow instead. hehe!

So, this is the finished product for this month's bento. I hope you guys will give it a try and have had enjoyed watching it. hehe!


Stay tune for next month's bento. I already have some idea but now just need to draw out the plan and layout for it. I also need to plan for next month's okazu as well.

Click for the video tutorial ----> Kantanryouri

No comments:

Post a Comment