Sunday, December 5, 2010

どら焼き~ Dorayaki

I have just made a few Dorayaki. Even though dorayaki is popular in Japan or everywhere in Asia for that matter (especially Doraemon's world), I haven't really made one before because it's too easily accessible. haha!

However, in this coming Christmas, I plan to make something.. a gift for my hairstylist and staffs in the salon that I often go to.

Apart from friends and family, my hairstylist (whoever he/ she is) is a very important person in my life. haha!

As little as people around me know, hairstylist has a very special place in my heart. I always tell my friends that my theory of getting a good hairstylist is like getting a good boyfriend or a best buddy. Sounds weird I know but that's just me. People who are close to me do know how important a hairstylist is to me.

Let me share something at here (since no one really know who I am.. due to my almost anonymous identity in this internet world), I shouldn't be afraid to share this. haha! Whenever I want to go the hair salon, my heart will be racing really fast and nervous. haha! Right before I step into the salon, my heart beats real fast until I feel like it's going to jump out of my heart cavity. haha! The feeling is like going for a first date with someone you like. *^_^*

I know this may sound weird to you but that's the feeling I have with hairstylist and hair salon. LOL! When some people ask me what kind of guy that can easily capture my heart/ attention? I will say a good hairstylist. haha! As said, once I got a good hairstylist and is happy with him/ her, it's very likely for me to stick with him/ her. Being a good hairstylist, apart from his skills, we got to have that "click" between us. I will have to have a comfortable feeling with him, someone whom I truly truly trust. Even without saying a word, he knew exactly what I needed.

So, since whoever read this post now knew how special a hairstylist is to me, making this dorayaki is really meaningful to me. I wish to make it as good as possible. Usually, when I am filming my bento tutorial, I don't usually make any prior to the filming. I don't really practice or anything; hence I shall say this dorayaki gift is my first practice, weeks prior to the actual one. haha! So, you guys can tell how important to me for this dorayaki gift to be successful.

I wish I can find more people to try my dorayaki. haha!

I have typed too much. Here are the photos. This is just my first batch. Will make a few in these few weeks to come and I will post up the actual gift at here to share it with everyone.




I plan to make this special gift with a special meaning on how important hairstylist is to me into a video. I will upload both Rilakkuma and dorayaki bento in this month itself.

Thank you for reading my blog today.

1 comment:

  1. They kind of look like pancakes but then it's like, surprise! there's...stuff? inside it. haha ^^

    ReplyDelete